Setting up Custom Domain
Guide on how to setup custom domain for your SmartTask organization
You can have your own custom domain ex: portal.brand.com host SmartTask Please read the following carefully before setting up your custom domain; We recommend using a subdomain (sub.example.com) instead of root domain (example.com) as connecting your root domain may effect your emails and anything else setup on it. Please ensure you are using a subdomain that isn't currently being used.
- 1.Go to your domain registrar and create a CNAME record.
- 2.Search your provider's help centre or ask their support for instructions on how to create a CNAME as the steps differs between providers.
- 3.When adding a CNAME record you would usually see two fields. The first field is the host where you enter your custom domain and the second field is the value or target where you enter your current SmartTask sub domain. So it would be HOST (custom domain) > directing or pointing to > VALUE (smarttask-app.azurewebsites.net).
To connect projects.example.com to your SmartTask account example.smarttask.io. The CNAME records would be:
- Host: portal.brand.com - Please note that depending on your domain provider you may need to enter only the part before the root domain. So your host would be only "portal" instead of "portal.brand.com".
- Once you've created the CNAME record as instructed above, login into your SmartTask account and from top right hand side dropdown then click on Company Settings and then Branding Tab.
- Enter your custom domain into the field under the Custom domain section and click save.
That is it, you should now be able to access SmartTask through your new custom domain. But please allow up to 24 hours for the new records to propagate just in case.
- Background Image - 1200 x 800 px
- Rectangle Logo - 225 x 60 px
- Square Logo - 512 x 512 px
- Favicon - 52 x 52 px