Importing Tasks from CSV
Import tasks from Excel, SmartSheet or any CSV file.
With SmartTask's CSV import functionality one could move workflow out of excel, csv file to SmartTask. On importing the CSV file, tasks would be created with data mapped to relevant task fields like start date, description, assignee and Custom Fields.
Before we start the processing of importing tasks here are a few things to check in your CSV file:
- The column names in the first row would be utilized by CSV importer to map to relevant task fields. You could change or modify the default mapping.
- Assignee: SmartTask would detect responsible user through the email address. String with anything else than the email address would be ignored. Assignee expects only one email address.
- Followers: Similar to Assignee, relevant followers would be deducted through the email addresses. String with anything else than the email address would be ignored. Followers accepts more than one email addresses.
- Dates: You could track both Start and Due dates. In your spreadsheet separate the dates in 2 columns and make sure that the format is Indian date time format `DD-MM-YY` ex: 20-11-18. Format other than this would be ignored while import.
- Subtasks: To import Subtasks, add a column called Parent Task. Fill the Parent Task with the exact name of the parent task in the corresponding row. The parent task should be located above the subtask row.
- Other columns: You could track additional columns to Taskname, Description, Priority, Sections, Custom Fields. For Custom Fields, please make sure that you have already created the Custom Fields in Project before utilizing the import functionality. Mapping of Custom Fields and Dropdown option is case sensitive.
SmartTask - Task Import CSV Template.csv
- 1.Click on the Dropdown arrow besides 'Add Task' button. Select 'Import from CSV' option.
- 2.Map the CSV column on the left handside to the relevant task fields in the right.
- 3.Clicking 'Import' button would start the import process.